Job Title: Software Developer 5
Company : ORACLE
About Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform Development
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform Development team develops and operates tools and automation infrastructure layers which deliver best-of-breed cloud software solutions to Oraclecustomers. We support dozens of cloud products - from customer experience throughhuman capital management to enterprise analytics - that generate 40 billion platform transactions everysingle day. Our team provides 24/7, follow-the-sun coverage while pushing the boundaries of whatcan be accomplished in the cloud.
You will have great growthopportunities in the Infrastructure Development team, implementing software and services to manage our expanding computing environments and support our operations teams.
About the job
You will be joining a growing, agile, world-class team of engineers, who develop and automate the provisioning, management, and monitoring of Oracle Public Cloud network infrastructure. As a software engineer you will be tasked with developing, maintaining and troubleshoot the software platform that automates the network infrastructure configuration. You will solve interesting technical challenges in an automated, secure, scalable and reliable manner. This includes, but it is not limited to:
• Ownership of the architecture, design, implementation, testing and operations of components of theinfrastructure automation platform
• Design reusable APIs and build repeatable templates for common functions.
• Work across business and operations stakeholders to understand solution needs and capabilities required to improve solutionofferings
• Develop and/or enhance solutions that meet business needs and provide required levels of cost, reliability and performance
• Analyse best practices and emerging concepts in Infrastructure Automation to improve team development process
What you need to have
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Expertise in building highly-scalable distributed solutions, exposing services as APIs (SOAP andREST)
• Understanding of data models using relational databases and/or NoSQL.
• Experience in designing and building configuration automation for large datacenters or service providernetworks
• Experience developing in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline withworking knowledge of container management and orchestration tools like Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
• Strong understanding of network concepts including L2/L3/Leaf-spine architectures, TCP/IP, BGP,IP/Peer/Circuit provisioning
• Experience with Linux OSenvironments and scripting/automation languages like Bash, Python, Ruby etc.
• Understanding of standard network/application protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, etc.
• Knowledge of software-defined network (SDN) concepts and methods for managing network configuration with code
• Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming in languages like Python, Java, C++, etc. and application of development patterns like MVC, MVVM, etc.
• Working knowledge of one or more automation tools like Ansible, Chef, netconf
• Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideasto others
• Committed self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with personnel at all levelsin the organization
• Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
What the perfect candidate will have
In addition to the knowledge, skills and experiences listed above, an ideal candidate will have:
• 7+ years of experience working with mission-critical production environments
• 4+ years of experience programming using Object Oriented principles
• Experience with Juniper or Cisco network device operating systems
• Working experience with Oracle DB or MySQL databases
• Working experience with Docker container services
Job Type : Full Time
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka