Job Title: Principal Member Technical Staff
Company : ORACLE
The Cloud Lifecycle Management automation team (LCM) is an integral part of the Oracle Public and Private Cloud’s product development and maintenance lifecycle. We are part of an agile, cross functional focus within Oracle to accelerate our customer’s business transformations and their ability to innovate via a digital transformation of their business within the Oracle cloud. Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and data as a service (DaaS).
We build end to end solutions for managing the lifecycle of the tech stacks in our SaaS and PaaS cloud environments. We cover the entire life cycle from discovery, design, implementation, testing, rollout and support in an extremely dynamic and agile manner to respond to constantly evolving needs of our cloud infrastructure, applications and our customer needs.
This role involves bringing best practices and best-of-breed architecture and concepts to life in order to deliver fully automated solutions that continually deliver software transparently to the cloud, in an efficient and touch free manner. You will ensure service reliability and performance of Cloud infrastructure tooling and provide lifecycle management support for our cloud offerings. You will participate in discovery and definition of new features, new capabilities and efficiency multipliers and advocate for your internal and external customers. You will collaborate with architects and developers in defining the right engineering solutions and the right approach for near and long term solutions. You will drive and implement the solutions both within and across cross-functional teams with a strong focus on maintainability and flexibility. You will empower your partners with the skills and tools required to triage and resolve production issues that require strong analytic abilities.
Does the challenge of continuous delivery at scale for hundreds of thousands of customers excite you? Do you wake up in the morning excited to grow your exposure to new cloud technologies, product tech stacks, and develop a holistic view of the entire lifecycle that keeps the cloud running? Do you thrive on being able to pivot in an agile ecosystem and quickly see the live results of your work in production? Do you get inspired by seeing your solutions evolve in production and identifying new directions, new capabilities that can take it to the next level? If so, this is the role for you.
As a leading contributor you should have:
- Ambition and desire to work in a highly visible, highly accountable, fast-paced team
- Experience in lifecycle management and service reliability production support
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- A strong software development background to quickly lean new technologies, conceptualize/prototype, and deliver structured solutions for extreme scale
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to effectively drive discovery, architectural design, cross-functional reviews, as well as present projects and complex concepts to executive management.
- Strong UNIX/Linux background
- Experience using Agile Methodology
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL technologies