Job Title: Compositing Artist - Senior Level
Company : Xentrix
JOB TITLE: Sr. Compositor
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: Compositing Supervisor
Xentrix Studios is hiring Sr. Compositors to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding of the computer-generated animation process combined with relevant artistic skills.
The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment and produce visual content for children’s animated TV series, Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games.
A solid understanding of rendering, lighting, and compositing layers is essential.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and provide ideas for creating stunning visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Constructing the final image by combining layers of previously-created material, including rendered computer animation, FX, graphics, and static background plates
- Ensure that the levels combine together seamlessly, and creating mattes where necessary.
- Enhance the lighting, match blacks and other colour levels, add grain where required, add motion blur where required, and create convincing shadows.
- Work closely with the FX and Lighting Artists to develop compositing strategies and achieve an aesthetically balanced overall look.
- Guiding and Mentoring Junior team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of various composition techniques.
- Knowledge of the cinematography principles including depth of field, density, use of filters
- Ability to light characters and environments, interior and exterior, different times of day, etc.
- Good technical knowledge of how 3D lighting works in order to understand the 'multi passes' that the Lighters create.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Art Background. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
- At least 6-8 years’ experience as a 3D Modeler for TV series / Feature / video games.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRMENT & SKILL TEST
· Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) showcasing a variety of Compositing approaches and techniques.
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
· Candidate must be willing to complete a skill test if required.