Job Title: Animator - Senior Level
Company : Xentrix
JOB TITLE: Sr. Animator
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: Animation Director
Xentrix Studios is hiring Animators to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding of Animation as a story telling and entertaining medium. The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment to produce children’s animated TV series and content for other mediums such as Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games. Good knowledge of weight, locomotion, anatomy, dialogue, acting, appeal is a must. If you have a good sense of humor, that's a plus.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and will also provide ideas for creating mesmerizing visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement
- Create quality animation using digital tools for TV Series, Feature films and other related projects.
- To create show style & libraries for long term production.
- Plan shots with an understanding of storyline /character context
- Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in animation dailies
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors and Leads
- Implement changes and completely finish shots in accordance with production schedule
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
· Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation.
· Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and change of requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show
· A deep understanding of character rigging. This includes a fundamental understanding of the technical processes involved, functionality and requirements.
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Experience and proficiency in Maya or equivalent 3D software required
- Background in traditional hand-drawn / stop-motion animation would be a plus
- Art Background. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
- Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience as a 3D animator for TV series (Preferably Children’s series & International Productions) / Feature / video games.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRMENT & SKILL TEST
· Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
· Candidate must be willing to complete a skill test if required